International Men's Day Coordinator's Agreement
We recognize that there are a broad variety of laws, values and viewpoints around the world that affect different men, in different countries in different ways. There is also a diversity of opinions about those laws, values and viewpoints which are held by the many different men, women, girls and boys throughout the world.
As a day of observance we place our focus on that which unites humanity- giving everyone who wants to celebrate International Men’s Day the opportunity to help work towards our shared objectives which we apply equally to men and boys irrespective of their age, ability, social background, ethnicity, sexuality, gender identity, religious belief and relationship status. Those objectives are:
* To promote positive male role models; not just movie stars and sports men but everyday, working class men who are living decent, honest lives.
* To celebrate men’s positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, child care, and to the environment.
* To focus on men’s health and wellbeing; social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
* To highlight discrimination against males; in areas of social services, social attitudes and expectations, and law.
* To improve gender relations and promote gender equality.
* To create a safer, better world; where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential.
I [Insert Name]_____________________________ have read the above Diversity and Equality Statement and Six Objectives of International Men's Day and wish to join the growing community of men and women who are guided by these principles and proudly promote International Men's Day for the benefit of men, women, girls and boys in every country and around the world.